The welfare of the patient is the most important thing for MedGo, but we are also convicting medical facilities that cooperation with us can be a connection between innovative telemedicine solutions with simultaneous financial benefits for the centers. The article Telemedicine – good practices presents how Polish society will look over the next couple decades. In 2013, every fifth Pole was at retirement age (1), and from year to year there will be more seniors. In this case, it creates real profit in the market of telemedicine, which, like in the United States, the Nordic Countries and Germany, will also develop in Poland.
In nursing and care institutions mainly work only nurses. PHC doctor or specialists are called upon only in exceptional situations or arrive once a month to examine patients. Patients are under the care of nurses and require from them best competence, so we should mention what the legislature requires nurses. The Act of 15 July 2011. defines the basis for the nurse profession which consist of: diagnosing the health condition of the patient and his needs, the diagnosis of the patient care problems, planning and performing the nursing care, providing some of the preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitation services by themselves and performing medical operations in emergence, carrying out the orders of doctor in the process of diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation, deciding about the kind and extent of care-nursing services, health education and health promotion.
Therefore, we see how big responsibility is connected with the nurse profession. This is particularly evident in nursing and care institutions, because there is no on-site doctor. Patients undergo multiple treatments and medical procedures, because they know that nurses doing their job professionally and reliably. However, you can always improve and enhance the status of such centers from the infrastructure side. With look with a great interest at the development of telemedicine on the western side of the ocean. The youngest patients from the state of Montana are already using telemedicine. The distance from the town of Billings to the nearest specialist neurologist is over 800km. What is more, in the state of Arkansas women after childbirth can count on remote consultations with family doctors, pediatricians, obstetricians or neonatologs. Poland may not be such a rich country like the United States and still devote much of the budget for the health sector, however, the implementation of telemedicine would facilitate not so great financial situation of medical institutions which can become, as in Scandinavia, complement in the public system, where doctors prescribe telemedicine devices.
MedGo offers solutions, whereby welfare centers save time and money for expenses, which later can be spent even into valuable food for patients. For medical facility it is preferable to invest approx. 300 zł a month to create benefits not only for patientsbut also for facility. In the event of an emergency or unusual situation nurse can get medical advice from a cardiologist or a physiotherapist, she does not have to call an ambulance directly and stress of other patients. It should be noted that among welfare institutions we can distinguish centers adapted to care for the chronically ill, and the mentally ill. Services provided by MedGo are versatile because they can be used by multiple centers, including the public ones.
“Medical care is provided to patients in a care and treatment funded by the National Health Fund, the cost of food and accommodation have to be paid by patient. The monthly fee shall be an amount equivalent to 250% of the lowest pension, the fact that the fee can not be higher than the amount equivalent to 70% of monthly income, within the meaning of social assistance, the person staying in a care and treatment. “(2)
On the average center care should receive the benefits from the patient: 844,45zł (the minimum pension) x 250% = 2111, 125zł. However, in practice it often looks different, because not so many seniors receive monthly over 2100zł, so that this amount is adjusted to the financial capacity of the patients.
1) With MedGo CardioMonitor nurses will be able to do an ECG examination remotely, and after 15 minutes they will receive a description and diagnosis for the patient, without arranging an appointment with a cardiologist. However, if the patient needs cardiac rehabilitation, nurses can simply use another MedGo’s service – Telerehabilitation. Nurses will know whether the patient is ready to practice or not.
Nurse provides CardioMonitor service for 250 PLN in the monthly subscription and receives an ECG Eho Mini device lease worth about 600 PLN, system service and its integration with HIS (API) of the doctor’s surgery and 5 ECG examinations with descriptions. The device is used to doing ECG examinations at the surgery and lending them to patients.
- For carrying out the examination nurse will charge from patient 50 PLN (suggested)
- For lending the monitoring device Event Holter to patient’s home nurse will charge 199 PLN (suggested)
Therefore, when nurse do monthly 5 ECG examinations and 5 Event Holter examinations the institution earns:
5 x 50PLN + 5x = 250PLN + 199zPLN + 995PLN = 1245PLN
After deducting the cost of the subscription and additional descriptions facility’s profit is:
1245PLN – 250PLN – 5x19PLN = 1245PLN – 345PLN = 900PLN
Not including, of course, bearing the costs of employing a cardiologist.
In summary, monthly, nurses who do 5 ECG and 5 Event Holter examinations earn up to 900 PLN. Annually they can earn even 11 thousand zlotys for one nursing and care institution.
2) In addition, it is possible to purchase telecare equipment for seniors, to used them at home, including a mobile phone with the life button, the PS1 device to do an ECG examinations (device sends an acoustic signal, and MedGo specialists remotely diagnose the patient), in the future the band. Also free mobile application with all the amenities will be available soon.
BENEFITS OF COOPERATION:
- Specialized care of patients – remote cardiological monitoring for the elderly and the disabled.
- Comfort for nurses and their dependents – reminding of medicate time, prescribed types and doses of drugs.
- Resolving doubts – when the patient or the nurse does not know how to react in unusual situation.
- Immediate help – in the event of an emergency, you only need to press the life button and emergency services will be notified about the incident.
- The investment in telecare will make amends by cutting costs in other areas of social welfare, rehabilitation system or health. The period of hospitalization will be significantly shorter and the access to welfare services will be simpler.
If you want more information, please refer to the offer or go to COOPERATION.